Sunday, March 30, 2008

Finished Pear

“Pair for a Pear”
5" x 7"
Colored pencil on Pastel board
Beth S. Macre © 2008
I'm calling this finished. I'm not so happy with it however. I was trying to make it a little like the last pear that I painted, but I realized after I was halfway through that it is much smaller than the first one. So it just doesn't look like a companion piece. I guess it will just have to hang on its own or I will need to create 2 more pieces. One to go with each of these pears. Maybe I will do a different fruit as a companion piece. I believe I'm tired of pears for now. My goal is to learn to use the neocolors with the pastel board, so I will continue to do that. I still have a lot to learn. But I look forward to playing.
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. HEY You! You're in for a really good smack, don't ya know. tee hee! You should be totally thrilled with this outcome, I'm completely in awe and he/she is going to look lovely all on his/her own.

    Whatever you do, I know it's going to be good and I for one want to see those companions together when finished!

    Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie. I will have fun, if I can just find some time when I have the energy to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're playing very nicely, Beth. The other pear is nice too. Each is unique and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Fannie. Pears are fun to do, aren't they? I wonder if they are symbolic of something. They have such character, I think.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...