Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Jessica!

“Wearing Mom’s Hat”
Colored pencil on Bristol
© Beth S. Macre

My oldest child turned 21 today! So I guess she is my adult child now. Happy Birthday Jessica!
This is a colored pencil drawing that I did many years ago. It was one of my early colored pencil drawings. I’m not even sure what year I drew this. It was probably around 1994 or 1995. When my kids were very small, we would set up the kiddie pool in the back yard. One afternoon, Jessica put on my straw hat and light was shining through the little holes on the hat, so I pulled out my camera and took some pictures. I loved this picture, so I had to draw it. It seems like just yesterday. This one hangs outside her bedroom door in our house.

6 comments:

  1. *HUG* So, you're baby's all grown up now!? I know how you feel. My one and only just turned 21 three weeks ago. *sigh* *sniff* They grow up so fast.

    Love that beautiful painting, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nancy. Thanks.
    Yes they do grow up fast!
    This painting is one of my favorites and one of my firsts with cp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous portrait! Jessica will always treasure this, I'm sure.

    You were a natural right from the beginning with cps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday, Jessica!

    Oh, my, Beth. You captured the lights nicely--amazing. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Fannie. I appreciate your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...