We have Progress!
We started moving in over two weeks ago and I can finally go into the new studio and not find a box to unpack! Yes, I do have more organizing to do. I will continue to rearrange things as I get back to work. I have come to realize that I have too many things. Too many supplies and not enough time to use them all. I may have to have a supply sale in the near future. I need to get back to work and start using them up, which I plan to do this week.
Now that all of the boxes are out, I can see the floor space and I am pretty excited about it! I have 2 work spaces. One, at the desk where I can draw, compute, dream, and maybe a little paperwork. The other is for clay work and painting.
My Inspiration Wall
Above my desk, I have hung things that make me feel good or have special memories to me. All of which inspire me. Here is a close up of those things. I have numbered them so I can identify the item, the reason it is special, and the creators/artists of the things that I did not make.
1. "Stars, Stripes, and Stitches" by Me.
This is one of my favorite colored pencil drawings. It is one of those drawings that I put a high price on it, just so it will NOT sell!
2. The little clay 'Follow Your Heart' piece was created by Karen Fincannon. She was very nice and helpful to me when I started doing art shows in Georgia. The message is very inspiring to me.
3. The first Go Hogs Ornament that I made. Go Hogs! (I'm working on more using a slightly different design this year.)
4. A Dream Catcher that a long time, good friend of mine, Cindy, gave me. Catching some dreams!
5. The gum wrapper chain is a part of a very, very long chain that my good friend and I made back in junior high school. A few years ago, after reconnecting again, she gave me part of the chain. This chain brings back many good memories! Cindy and I spent many hours hanging out and talking and laughing back then!
6. 'Mrs. Macre' sign from my classroom door at Blytheville High School. So many memories!
7. ACEO size drawing of Me, by my Artist friend, Tim Hunter. He titled it "Blonde in a Turtleneck". It was/is not unusual to see me in a turtleneck and with my reading glasses on my head. He did a good job of representing me!
8. Owl wall hanging by Karen Fincannon from Georgia. We traded a few things at the Georgia shows that I went to. I love this owl!
9. Another little owl. But this one is done by another artist friend, Joy Elizabeth. I also met her in Georgia, at an art festival. But now she lives nearby and I can visit with her in person!
10. The little ACEO size quilted painting on fabric was given to me by my sweet artist friend, Fannie, from Hawaii. She is a very sweet, talented, and special woman. An inspiration.
11, The little shot glass, with colored pencils in it, is from Paris. I bought it on the trip to France in 2008. It definitely brings back special memories of the trip I took with Becky, the French teacher, and 12 wonderful students!
Part I of the New Studio can be found here: The New Studio - Part 1 if you want to see the space before.
I will post pictures of the other work space and storage in the room. And eventually I will post a cleaned up and decluttered space. Update: Studio Tour - Part 3
Update Studio Tour 2017 - Part 4
Until next time!
Decorating for Fall Fall is finally here. The days are getting shorter and the weather is cooling off. Now it is time to pull out the ...
"Seaside HeartHomes" SOLD Such a simple word, with so many ways to perceive it. What is Success? I looked up some quotes abou...
"Untitled" Acrylic on Canvas 26"x 32" Beth S. Macre © 2013 ...and draw with colored pencils and ink, and sculpt wi...
Colored Pencils Artists are notorious for having lots of art supplies. I'm guilty as charged. It is a necessity. It is a passion. It i...