Sunday, March 22, 2015

Unexpected Visitors

Enough about the new studio and the move. Back to regular programming.


Finally, I have been working in my studio, trying to get back into the creative groove. I started out pretty good. I spent a few days working with the clay and getting a lot of little things made, so I can restock my Etsy shop. I've even glazed a few of them.  Like these tiny birdhouses. They are part of a little experimental project that I am working on. If that works out, I will post photos of that later.

Unexpected Visitors
After getting several projects started, we had a couple of 'Unexpected Visitors'. The dreaded 'flu bug' came to visit my
hubby. I avoided Mr. Bug like the plague! He brought the cold weather back with him too, so my creative flow came to a halt. My usually active husband was pretty sick for about 4 days. He doesn't get sick often, so I knew he felt really bad. He had fever and chills and all of the typical flu symptoms . I was trying to take care of him while he was feeling really bad, but also trying not to get too close. Luckily, I avoided Mr. Flu Bug. But between the weather and taking care of the hubby, I have been dragging around here with no energy. He is usually the cook around here (his choice), so I had to cook a for a few days. (I know, I'm very lucky!) That is exhausting to me, so I am having a hard time getting back into my creative routine. Hubby is feeling better now, so hopefully we can both get back into our routines. We are more than ready for Spring weather to arrive and stick around! We had a few days of warmer weather last week, and the daffodils started blooming, so it was a great sign of things to come!


Bunny Visit
It is not Easter yet, but Hubby found this little visitor in the garage a couple of days ago (look real hard, it is a baby rabbit). He/she, along with his two little siblings, made a run for it when my hubby found them hiding under the plastic tub full of stuffed animals. Hopefully they made it back to their little rabbit home/hole. (Wherever they live.) I like rabbits, but I do not want them taking up residence in our garage!  I may need to draw some little rabbits to illustrate the visit.

Until next time...
Have a nice productive week!

Beth 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...