Saturday, February 19, 2011

Artist Spotlight - Tim Hunter

By Tim Hunter © 2011
ATC in Colored Pencil
I wanted to share the illustration that I received in the mail a few days ago. I asked an online artist friend to create an illustration of me.  He makes the cutest illustrations and I hope that he will be illustrating a children's book someday!  So I sent him some sketches that I had done and he took those and added his touch and this is what he came up with.  I think its perfect!  If you know me, you know that the glasses on top of the head are perfect! They are either on my head or on the tip of my nose. Those that know me also know that I wear alot of turtlenecks and light blue is one of my favorite colors!  Pink is also one of my favorite colors and he added the pink scarf, which I thought was perfect too. 
Tim Hunter is the artist/illustrator of this little gem.  Check out his Etsy shop: Timbo's Art   and Hambo's Stamps  where he and his wife Monica create and sell Rubber and Digital Stamps.  Hope you will check out both of his sites.

This illustration is ATC size, 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches, done in colored pencil and ink. 

I think it is important to support, not only handmade, but American made. So please consider supporting the creative individuals that are working very hard to make a living, or just to supplement their incomes.  And understand that an artist works as hard to create, as your local professionals that you hire and pay good money for their services. 

Support an Artist Today!
Beth

4 comments:

  1. I love this drawing and those on his site! He really should illustrate a childrens' book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable!! Tim is very talented (and twisted!!) I love the way he sees the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that Cindy! Twisted... yeah maybe a bit.

    Glad you like it Beth!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...