Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Resting and Reflecting on 2010


Pen and Ink Commission
Beth S Macre© 2010
Well its been awhile since I posted in my blog. Its been a very hectic 2010, but especially leading up to Christmas.  I was commissioned to do several pen and ink home portraits for Christmas.  Although I love doing them, the added pressure of getting them all done in time for Christmas on top of working full time, was stressful to say the least!  I hope to do more in the future, just not all right before Christmas! 
2010 has been a busy one and I will be happy to say goodbye to 2010 and hope for a less stress filled 2011.  I'm trying to keep a positive attitude and hoping the economy will keep getting better and better!

I hope everyone has a great New Year and stay safe and close to your loved ones. 
Beth 

9 comments:

  1. Wow Beth, you do such a great job on these, no wonder you had so many commissions. Congratulations on being "busy" even if it was stressful. You pulled it off!

    Wishing you everything good for the coming year (((hugzzz))) Tj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, Wonderful pen and ink! Commissions do have their special stressful challenges. I'm betting this was well received! Pen and ink is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Toni! Wishing you and your family the best in 2011 as well!


    Thank you Peggy! I'm told that the receiver of this was very pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just exquisite, Beth! With work like this, you should be booked up with commissions all the time.

    Thanks for the advice on my phone,computer move - it was something I hadn't even thought about so I'm really grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jan! I appreciate it and I hope that you get your computer set up without too much trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this piece. Brilliant work.

    Happy New Year Beth. Have a great and successful year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Dors! And HappyNew Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness, Beth!!! Between Leah & Bo's precious thoughtfulness and your amazing talent, my tears flowed at Christmas! Your wonderful pen & ink of our home is a gift we will always cherish! We will hang it in a place of honor in our home in the country. I still find it hard to believe we are leaving this home we built so many years ago AND raised our precious family in as well as welcome our Grands! We are off to a new adventure & will definitely commission you for our new home pen & ink once we settle in (I promise not for Christmas!). Thank you for sharing your talent and eye for detail in this amazing pen & ink! Gratefully, Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Patsy! I am so glad you love it! I look forward to drawing the new house too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...