Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to Teresa!
New Years Eve is the birthday of a longtime friend of mine. I met Teresa 20 years ago. We instantly got along and became good friends. We've both been busy raising our kids, but we've always managed to keep in touch and get together on many occasions. She even worked at the same school, where I teach, for awhile. We are the same age too. Actually, she is 14 days older than me. So her wonderful son gave her a surprise lunch party for her yesterday (during her lunch hour). For this big birthday that we are having, I had to create something special just for her. Here is a photo of Teresa and I right after she opened my gift! So, here is to Teresa! Happy Birthday and a Happy New Year to all of my new friends!
"It takes a long time to grow old friends."
~Beth

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Beth!! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just love your little houses! I hope the 2010 is filled with blessings and peace and friendship!
    Paz,
    Todd in Santa Fe

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet Love the photo and love the piece you did for your friend. You both look so happy.

    Best wishes for 2010. Have a good creative year.

    Hugs
    Dors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My painting is such a treasure, just like our friendship. Here's to 20 more years (and more!) I have to say... this was my best birthday ever... including the turning 50 thing. ~Just a few more days for you, my friend!!

    Love ya!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Todd and Dors! Hope you have a great year too!

    Here's to 20 more! Love ya T!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth!!!

    Happy New Year!!! wishing you a wonderful year filled with inspiration and more fun projects!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...