Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Eiffel Tower and the Musee De L'Armee Tombeau de Napoleon

Lunch at the base of the Eiffel Tower
After our long flight, we arrived early Tuesday morning in Paris. After we dropped our luggage off at the Hotel, we immediately started our tour of Paris. The group that I was with, consisted of 12 teenagers and 2 adults (including me). We were all tired from the all-night flight, but were very ready to start looking around the city. Our hotel was only blocks from the base of the Eiffel Tower, so that is where we started. We bought lunch in a local grocery store and had a picnic in the park next to the Eiffel Tower. It was nice to sit and relax, but the weather was a little cool and there were alot of small school children at the park. Apparently it was Eiffel Tower day with the local schools.


Museum of the Tomb of Napoleon
After we left the park, we walked to the nearby Museum of the Tomb of Napoleon. Here we looked around inside and out. The tomb of Napoleon was very interesting, but everyone in our group was getting extremely tired from the long flight and lack of sleep. It was finally late enough for us to check in to our hotel, so we returned to unpack and clean up before dinner at the Hotel.

After dinner, some of us decided to take a walk to the Eiffel Tower to get some evening pictures of the Eiffel Tower. As we were leaving the Hotel, it started to drizzle. We went anyway and eventually it did stop raining, but it was very chilly. By the time we returned to the Hotel, we were ready for a warm bed! The ones that did not go on the walk, had already gone to bed. This busy day was only the beginning of our very busy, hectic days to come.

Up Next:  Notre Dame and The Louvre.

3 comments:

  1. Beth, you're back! It looks like you had a great time and saw some great art! Thanks for posting all those pictures. They're about as close as I'm going to get to any kind of European vacation for a while! :~)

    Glad you're back safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paula, I'm visiting France vicariously through your stories and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for stopping by. I've enjoyed writing about my trip. I hope that you will continue to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...