Saturday, May 12, 2007

"Village by the Sea"

“Village by the Sea”
Colored pencil on Black Stonehenge
Beth S. Macre © 2007
Collection of Becky Ramey

This is my latest colored pencil painting to complete. This is a commissioned piece by a coworker and friend. It is a panoramic view of the Villefranche. My coworker/friend is a French teacher and visits France usually once a year. She took some photos of this coastal village while there in 2006. I tried to capture the charming look of the tourist village. This one is done with Prismacolors on black Stonehenge paper. I hope to do some smaller pieces wih more closeup views of these little restaurants and shops along the waterfront.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...