Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Busy Time of Year...



...is usually at the beginning of the school year and at the end of the school year.  That is the case this year, as well, but it never really seemed to slow down all year long!  It has been a very busy school year, so it has gone by very quickly!  Only a few more weeks until summer break and I plan to spend many days in the studio! I do plan to relax and recuperate from the school year too. But I have several projects already lined up for this summer and want to try out some new ideas as well.

We just had the district wide 'All That Jazz' art show, so I have been busy working to get student artwork ready for that.  I haven't had the time or the energy to work on anything except that.

For a class demonstration, I created this 3D Owl out of newspaper and plaster strips earlier in this semester, as an example for my students, who were creating their own sculptures.

For more information about this art class project, click here:
Working with Plastercraft on my Art Class Blog

This was the first owl that I created. After I did this one, I decided to start painting some owls on canvas that I have shown here in previous posts.  I've also made a couple of little clay owls that are not complete yet.

So, I'll be pretty busy with the end of school activities over the next few weeks.  I'll post something if I have time. But if not, you'll know I'm overwhelmed with end of the year paperwork!


Beth




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...