Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tour of Versailles

On the 5th day we boarded the bus to travel to Versailles.

It was a cool and cloudy morning when we arrived at the Palace of Versailles. The palace is very large and we were only able to tour a small part of it. It was the home of Louis XIV, so it is very grand with lots of gold and elaborate ornamentation and large paintings. I couldn't begin to give a brief version of the summary of this historically rich place. There is a massive amount of information about this Chateau if you follow this link (if you are interested).

This is the back of the main part of the Palace of Versailles.
And the view from here is towards the gardens and the Grand Canal.
After we left Versailles, we were back on the bus to head towards our next destination of Tours, France, a very charming French town, where we were to stay 2 nights. Next I will post some pictures from there and the next Chateaus that we visited.

Up Next: Tours, France

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...