Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Painting the Past

Old White Farmhouse
#5 Watercolor Painting
11 x 14
This house does not exist anymore, as so many old homes from the past.  I was asked to paint it, so childhood memories could be preserved.  I used watercolor with some touches of colored pencils.

Even though I didn't get 30 paintings in 30 days completed, I'm still going to count my paintings as I go through the year.  This one is #5. (I posted #6 yesterday.)  I hope to get at least 30 done. But we'll see.

You never know what the year will bring. I have come to realize that we can't guarantee tomorrow.  I will be attending a funeral of an artist friend this week.  He had a long productive life, but it was suddenly cut short.  But he did make good use of his time on earth and created beautiful art and architecture.  Gus will be missed.


 Beth  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...