Friday, January 18, 2013

What is Success?

"Seaside HeartHomes" SOLD
Such a simple word, with so many ways to perceive it. What is Success?
I looked up some quotes about Success and found many philosophical quotes about success. I found that  success can be many things to many people...depending on what you are trying to achieve.  I am an artist trying to succeed in making a living from my art...or at least contributing to it.  So, I should find my niche and go with it, right? If it were that easy, I would.  My goal is to do what I enjoy and love to do and hopefully the buyers will find me.  Even though I love to play with so many things.  I love to draw with colored pencils, paint with acrylics, create sculptures out of clay, draw architecture with ink, and draw whimsical illustrations with ink and watercolor and colored pencils...and whatever else I come across to explore.

"Fantasy Hearts" SOLD
I thought I would share some of the quotes that I felt spoke to me about 'success' and 'art'.  I hope that one will speak to you.

“Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it.” 
― Salvador DalĂ­

“It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” 
― Leonardo da Vinci

“I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you. ” 
― Oprah Winfrey

“If you care about what you do and work hard at it, there isn't anything you can't do if you want to.” 
― Jim Henson

"It's the rule of life that everything you have always wanted comes the very second you stop looking for it." Anonymous
"Valentine's Day" SOLD

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong." Anonymous

"If you do what you always did, you will get what you always got." Anonymous

"No masterpiece was ever created by a lazy artist." Anonymous

“Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” 
― Pablo Picasso

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” 
― Pablo Picasso

“It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.” 
― Vincent van Gogh

“I dream my painting and I paint my dream.” 
― Vincent van Gogh


"May creativity find you while you are working" Unknown
Beth

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely and inspiring post. You are a gem :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Connie! I appreciate your comments and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...