Monday, July 16, 2012

Happy 16th of July!

Well, I was going to post on the 4th of July, but that didn't happen! I've been a little preoccupied lately...in a good way!  After my vacation to Florida, I had to get busy on some private commissions. (I haven't even blogged about my trip!)  I've got a couple of large commissions to complete, so I've been busy working on those.  Hopefully by the end of August I can post more information about them.  Here is a quick small watercolor painting that I did while on my vacation on the beach.  It was a gift for our host for the week.  So, this painting was for Dottie.

Other than the commissions, I've been doing some rearranging in my studio and have even expanded to a bedroom.   I really could use one of those professional designer/organizers to come in and redesign my space!  That would be so good.  It's difficult to try to stay organized when you are so busy and some things just do not have a good place to be stored.  I am trying to get rid of things that I do not use anymore, which creates another pile in another room, where it waits to be donated.  I've been busy pinning studio ideas on Pinterest, so maybe eventually I will get the studio organized.    Maybe I should take photos of the before...in case there is an after!

Summer is going by quickly, but this year its okay! I look forward to NOT going back to school and having that time to create instead of sitting in hours and hours of in service that is not related to what I teach! So my retirement will not sink in until time for teachers to go back to school.


Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...