Saturday, September 27, 2014

My Talented Mom

Sewing is not one of my skills. Probably because my Mom holds the title for excellence in sewing in our family. Anytime I have an idea for something that needs to be sewn...pillows, dresses, shirts, wall decor, curtains...whatever I can think of, she can sew it...and paint on it, if needed.  I consider her the source for my inherited artistic/creative talent.

A few months ago, I decided I wanted a cute pennant style decoration for my Art Festival booth.  I already had some fabric that I purchased 2 years ago (so I could sew something...ha), but I decided these were perfect for my flags for the booth.  I asked my Mom if she would want to make them for me.  As she always does, she said yes. So I printed out a pattern for her and explained what I wanted. Sometimes delegating is difficult, but I knew this project was in good hands and I would be pleased.

Fast forward a month and Mom delivers these beauties. All I had to do was string them up. They are perfect and I can't wait to hang them in my art booth!

Thanks Mom!
Beth 










No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...