Tuesday, May 13, 2014

My Mother's Flowers


I got to spend Mother's Day with my Mother and Father and my only sister. As many families do, we have a special bond as a family. Growing up in the 60s and 70s, my sister and I had a normal, secure, loving family. We have many fun memories from our childhood.  We weren't perfect, of course, but our parents taught us to be nice, respectful to others, and to love Jesus, not things. Everything else fell into place.  We respected their authority, as well as other adults, and we became successful, independent adults. We certainly didn't want to disappoint them, so we...most of the time...did what we were supposed to do. We were taught to do the right thing.  I think, if you can live your life and do what is right, treat all people with respect, be forgiving, and love your family and friends, then you can have a successful and happy life. Those things will get you through the difficult times.

Another thing that my mother taught me was the love of flowers. My Mother has always grown beautiful flowers of all kinds, over the years. Even moving flowers with her when my parents moved to another city.  Even as she gets older, she still has beautiful flowers in their yard.  I always take pictures of her flowers when I visit, because they are so pretty. My sister and I got her a Knockout Rose bush for Mother's Day.  I'm sure it will be as beautiful as my Mother and the rest of her flowers.

So take time to love and appreciate your family. Also take the time to take care of other relationships, like my Mother's Flowers. They will bloom and grow into something special.

Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...