Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ready for Spring in the South too!

Like everyone else, I am ready for Spring. I love to have some snow during the winter, but we have had more than our share of ice and sleet this year. The latest was a little more than anyone could expect.  We had another ice storm, but this time it was sleet. I've never seen so much sleet piled up! I've seen snow pile up, freezing rain bend trees, but not this much sleet.  This March came in like a lion with a winter storm!  It sleeted buckets 6 days ago and my yard is still covered in the frozen stuff as you can see in the first photo.  The second photo is from the front after 2 days, with no melting.
My daffodils are peaking out from under the ice so I'm hoping that the next few weeks bring in plenty of beautiful spring weather our way!  It's going to be a busy Spring!


Spring is the time for plans and projects.” 
~Leo Tolstoy

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...