Sunday, February 9, 2014

From the frozen South...

Yes, it's February. Yes, it's winter. Yes, we do have cold weather...but...

usually not for such long stretches at a time!  It is just sooo COLD!
 I love snow, but we haven't gotten more than an inch (at most) of snow.  We did, however, get quite a bit of freezing rain, sleet, maybe a few snowflakes a week ago and it is still frozen.  Today is the first day that it has gotten above freezing since last Saturday, when it was in the 60s for one day! It was a tease though. Today it has gotten up to 33.  So some of the ice is melting. But another round of freezing stuff, hopefully snow, is predicted for tomorrow.  So it will be another few days before we see a heat wave in the 40s!

I've been spending more time trying to stay warm this week.  But I have managed to get a few things accomplished with my art.  I have some custom bowls in the kiln. I have two tiles waiting to be glazed.  I am working on a custom letter doodle design similar to these two shown.  The custom one has things that are personalized for a gift. I
will show a photo of it, when it's complete.

I also have some pen and ink orders to work on, so I have a busy schedule for the rest of February.  Let's just hope that we get some thawing out weather soon.  This Southern girl needs some sunshine!

Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...