Friday, April 12, 2013

Art Studio to Office

Before...lots of little holes patched up!
Painting walls is not my idea of fun painting, but that is what I have started doing at the Macre household...along with my usual art projects.  Its been a few years since I painted a few of the rooms in my house, so I have to paint them to freshen up the walls.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, we hope to move sometime in the near future, so before we put the house on the market, we need to freshen up things around the house.  I'm starting with the 'former art room', because it has been the longest since it was painted...mainly because there was too much stuff in there. I don't have a photo before I took all of the stuff out. Because it was an art room, there were many things on the walls over the years, so you can imagine the nail holes in the walls.  In the photo, you can see the patches for all the tiny nail holes and then the after photos that show how fresh it looks with the new coat of paint! (It looks worse than it was.)  I will definitely be going through the stuff and be more selective in what goes back in there.  It is going to be an office instead of the art studio now. I'm going to resist the urge to fill it up!  It is very nice to have a clean slate.

Painting finished.
Furniture back in place.
 The paint color is closer to the photo above this one.
It looks different in different light.

The other side of the room still needs a little organizing.  I'll post photos of that side eventually.
Now on to another room as soon as I get caught up on art commissions...and to finish my taxes!

Have a nice weekend!

Beth  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...