Sunday, November 4, 2012

Traditional Sunday Naps

Sunday naps are the best kind of naps.  I remember growing up, Sundays, of course, were the day of rest. Stores were not allowed to be open, unless it was a grocery store...and they were only allowed to sell necessities, like food.  So my memories of Sundays usually involved an afternoon nap...after church and Sunday dinner (lunch) was eaten and cleaned up.  I never was into watching sports and we didn't have hundreds of channels back then, so there was not the distraction of tv, definitely no computers or cell phone distractions...yes we actually survived without cell phones and internet! (which is probably why earlier generations can be so creative...we had to be creative growing up, to keep from being bored!...but that is another whole blog post.)  So, what was left to do on Sunday afternoons?  Take a nap...of course!

I bring this up because that is what I did today...I took a long Sunday nap. i don't have a photo of myself napping (thank goodness!), so I'm sharing a photo of my great-nephew when he was a newborn. Now they (babies) know how to nap!  I've been so busy for the last couple of weeks that I have not slowed down enough to relax much.  I finished a large commission Friday, almost finished unpacking from the Art Festival last weekend, and went to Memphis Saturday for our monthly CPSA meeting, so today I just let myself relax and take a nap. It was so nice. Even after getting an extra hour of sleep, I felt like my body just needed the rest. After I woke up, I actually felt like doing some cleaning!  Just a little bit...after all, it is Sunday, which is supposed to be a day of rest! This week, I took advantage of that.  Tomorrow brings the start of a new commission, more projects, more cleaning, and busy days ahead getting ready for the holidays.  Hope you enjoyed a nice Sunday afternoon nap today!


Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...