Thursday, June 18, 2009

It was so fun painting with texture...

...that I did another one! Earlier I painted a larger painting with 5 red flowers for our guest (my daughter's when she's home) bedroom. I liked it so much that I decided to do a smaller version of it with 3 flowers. I had fun painting it also. I plan to do some other things using this texturing medium. It is a heavy gel medium that you mix with the paint to make the acrylic paint thicker and hold its texture. You can use a pallette knife to smear it onto the canvas like icing on a cake.
This one is finished and listed in my Etsy Shop.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Beth. It sounds like fun. I suppose you could use all sorts of tools(Gadgets) to make forms. Very interesting. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beth, You are so creative. I just love this. Looking forward to seeing what esle you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This piece looks like you had fun! A palette knife/icing a cake, humm...my cakes look rather boring when I apply icing. Maybe I need coloured icing?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth....I love your textured flowers...wonderful work!!! as always....I also want to thank you for your kindness and support over the last week....we will never ever get over this tragedy...but with family and friends we never feel alone....

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Dors! It is fun to experiment with other tools.

    Thank you Gemma!

    Thanks Teresa! Hmmm...maybe I should try some flowers like this on a cake too!?

    Your welcome Diana and thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...