Monday, June 23, 2008

New Artwork...finally!


"Giraffe Snack Time"
ACEO ~ 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Beth S. Macre © 2008
Traded
I will post more about my trip to France later. This weekend I finally worked on some of my own art. I finished up 2 little ACEOs. Both are animals, which is not common for me, but these have been wanting to be drawn, so I caved in. So one is the Papillon that currently resides in my home...and the other is a giraffe having a snack. One of our very talented student photographers took some pictures, one of which was the giraffe, and gave me permission to draw. I took the picture of the Papillon and have been wanting to draw it so I did this little ACEO size one first. The lighter colors of the fur are difficult to get accurate in the scan. But after adjusting it, it looks a little closer to looking like the original. Both drawings were done with a technical pen first, then I added an underpainting of Prismacolor watercolor pencils, then dry Prismacolor pencils on top. For now, I need to get back to the drawing board! Summer is flying by!


"Just Laying Around"
ACEO ~ 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Beth S. Macre © 2008
Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for stopping by!
~Beth

My Kiln

My Little Kiln She is small but mighty. She gets the job done.  The size of my kiln does limit what I can create, but I get a lot of use o...